Orange Wine Festival 2018
Orange will celebrate its cool climate wines this October at the 2018 Orange Wine Festival. Running from 12-21 October, the Orange Wine Festival boasts a program of over 90 events.
Chairperson of the Orange Region Vignerons Association Justin Jarrett said, “The Orange Wine Festival highlights Orange’s unique qualities as a wine region, including our high altitude, cool climate and rich volcanic soils which means we produce fine elegant wines.
“This year we will have our signature events including the ever-popular Night Market and Wine Show as well as vintage masterclasses, live music, tastings, workshops, feasts, picnics, markets and so much more. We will also have Wine Central at the Orange Visitor Information Centre where people can try our wines and get more information on the festival and the region.”
While tickets are already available for some signature events the full Event Program and all tickets will be available online from Tuesday 24 July. This year, the entire program is digital meaning it is easier than ever to browse events and book them with a push of a button. A hard copy ‘Events at a Glance’ festival program will be coming soon. SIGNATURE FESTIVAL
• Orange Wine Show Tasting, Friday 12 October: All the wines from the Orange Wine Show, including the trophy and medal winning wines, will be on show for you to taste and judge. In between tasting, graze from generous platters of delicious local produce. Held in the Hotel Canobolas Grand Ballroom from 5.30pm–8.30pm, tickets are $60 with a Spiegelau Glass included.
• Orange Wine Show Tasting & Masterclass, Friday 12 October: The Masterclass, hosted by local winemaker and 2018 'Young Gun of Wine' Top 50, Will Rikard Bell, introduces you to the colour, aroma, taste and regional characteristics of Orange wines. Tickets are $75pp including a Spiegelau glass, and entry to the Orange Wine Show Tasting.
• Orange Wine Festival Night Market, Friday 19 October: A family affair in Robertson Park that includes over 50 stallholders, offering the best wine and food from the region. Gold coin entry.
• The Vino Express, Friday 12 October – Sunday 14 October OR Friday 19 October – Sunday 21 October: For the first time, the Vino Express will run over both weekends of the festival. An all-inclusive weekend package departing Sydney Central Station on Friday October 20 and Friday 19 October, the first weekend returning Sunday 14 October and the second, Sunday 21 October. Includes accommodation, transport, behind-the-scenes wine tastings, fine-dining experiences and tickets to ‘Wine in the Vines’. Package cost $897pp based on twin share.
• Wine in the Vines, Saturday 20 October: Explore the vineyards, meet the winemakers and experience a roving lunch on a bus-about adventure. Tickets $149 per person.
• Runs Friday 12 - Sunday 21 October 2018
• Orange Wine Festival is in its 13th year
• Over 90 events on offer
• All tickets on sale from Tuesday July 24 2018
• Orange Wine Festival Program available online from Tuesday July 24 2018